A
 
Web www.artsmart.co.za
A R T S M A R T
arts news from kwazulu-natal

music
www.artsmart.co.za
enquiries@artsmart.co.za
 A current news
crafts - dance - drama - film & tv - literature
music - supper theatre - visual arts
miscellaneous news - festivals
letters to the editor
home page
archives A
crafts - dance - drama - film & tv - literature
music - supper theatre - visual arts
miscellaneous news - festivals
 

NB: as of 23 September 2008, all new artSMart articles are being published on the site news.artsmart.co.za.

100% GUITAR PLAYER (article first published : 2004-07-29)

Steve Newman, Tony Cox and Errol Dyers will perform at Catalina Theatre from July 28 to August 8.

Cox and Newman have become national icons of the instrument and have been acknowledged far and wide for their profound commitment to the acoustic guitar. Errol Dyers has a reputation and standing that stretches deep into the heart of the Cape. He has released several acclaimed albums and has worked extensively with Cape greats such as Bazil Coetzee, Robbie Jansen and Abdullah Ibrahim.

Cox and Dyers spent time together as a duo in the mid 1980ís touring through the provinces playing pubs and clubs and vowed to someday get back together for another project. Cox brought Dyers into his show The World In A Guitar that also featured Newman and it was during this time that the decision to create the trio was taken, this time including Coxís long-time partner and friend Steve Newman.

The music they have been working on is 80% original with the other 20% dedicated to musical fun and games, a concoction guaranteed to render the guitar loversí heart exhausted but blissful.

100% Guitar Player runs at Catalina Theatre from July 28 to August 8 at 20h00. Tickets R25 July 29 and 30), thereafter R65 (R55 concession). Bookings on 031 305 6889.




 A current news
crafts - dance - drama - film & tv - literature
music - supper theatre - visual arts
miscellaneous news - festivals
letters to the editor
home page
archives A
crafts - dance - drama - film & tv - literature
music - supper theatre - visual arts
miscellaneous news - festivals
a co-production by caroline smart services and .durbanet. site credits
copyright © subsists in this page. all rights reserved. [ edit ] copyright details  artsmart